6.10.2011

Misconception and Calories

Today I was at the gym and decided to pick up a magazine that was offered there. While reading this magazine there were many misconceptions that the public is getting. In the magazine it was talking about calories and 8 foods that were under 80 calories. Instead of putting some healthy choices all of them were of candies, popcorn, sodas. They had a great big diet coke picture in the middle that of course was 0 calories. They also had 4 chocolate covered pretzels. I don't know about you but if I am going to treat myself I most likely will not stop at 4 covered pretzels. You could eat 3 sweedish fish. Again, I don't know about you, but I don't believe that these things mentioned would in the slightest bit satisfy me. There are many choices that are more satisfying and because of the fiber content that is included in these it will actually make you feel full and not make you over eat on them and if you are worried about calories then you will be consuming less calories. Water with squeezed lemon, orange, or lime gives you a delicious taste, does not have fake sugar (which actually changes functions in your body to where you body stores more... that is what is in diet sodas!) and also hydrates you. Here are some fruits/foods that are nutritious leaving you more satisfied and have more content then just 3 Swedish fish.

2 cups of watermelon: 92 calories
1 medium apple: 95 calories
1 large orange: 86 calories
6 cups of shredded lettuce: 48 calories!
1 cup cherry tomatoes: 27 calories
1 cup cucumber: 16 calories

I think you get the point. The list can continue on and on!!

No comments: